Enjoy a feast of Cornish literature, from our earliest texts to the present day, as we explore poetry, drama and fiction through the ages in this course Writers and Literature of Cornwall. We will discuss key writers including Jack Clemo, Daphne du Maurier and many more during this lively course.
The course will cover a chronological overview of the literature of Cornwall – A timeline, followed by sessions on the importance of theatre, the short story, insider/outsider fiction, themes/ concerns of poetry, the female voice, literature for children and ending with a consideration of literature from the Cornish diaspora and aims to explore the following topics:
- To share a love of good and interesting writing and writers
- To discover the richness, quality and depth of literature relating to Cornwall
- To discuss new, challenging and different voices, as well as established literary figures
- To enhance awareness of Cornish culture, heritage and identity
- To encourage consideration of the significance of the literature of Cornwall within the wider world
All you need to bring along is your curiosity and enthusiasm!